1. Bromelain Overview
Where to buy Bromelain Powder with lowering Bromelain price and high quality? Where to find good information of Wholesale Bromelain and Purchase Bromelain for sales? As the professional Bromelain manufacturer, Plamed is your best choice.
Bromelain, also known as pineapple protease, comes from stem of natural plant pineapple. It is the collective name of hydrolytic protease. It is made up of enzymes with many different molecular weights and molecular structures. Meanwhile, Bromelain is also a kind of glycoprotein; it contains xylose, fucose and mannose. Bromelain belongs to mercapto hydrolytic enzyme. Its activity center is -SH that can produce various biochemical reactions such as proteolysis. The hydrolyzed protein activity of Bromelain is more than 10 times higher than that of papain. Bromelain is widely used not only in food and medicine industry, but also in cosmetics as natural cosmetics raw material. Bromelain can act on aging cutin layer of human skin. It promotes degradation, decomposition of the cuticle; and it can accelerate skin metabolism. Bromelain has excellent effect of tendering and whitening skin. Therefore, Bromelain is often added to exfoliant cosmetics.
|Product Name||CAS Number||INCI Name|
|Product ID||Specificcation||Minimal Package||Minimal Order Quantity|
2. Bromelain Source
Pineapple (Latin name: Ananas comosus) is a tropical fruit. It is native to tropical South America. It is cultivated in about 61 countries and regions in the world, among which Thailand, the United States, Brazil, Mexico, the Philippines and Malaysia are main cultivation areas. China’s pineapple growing regions are mainly distributed in southern provinces, such as Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, Fujian and Taiwan. Pineapple fruit is rich in nutrients: vitamins, glucose, fructose, citric acid, protease and so on. Pineapple has both edible and medicinal value. The nutrients in pineapple fruit can help digestion, promote metabolism, and eliminate fatigue. It has great pharmacological effect. Therefore, pineapple extracts from fruit, peel and stem are widely used in medicine, health care products and cosmetics.
3. Bromelain Manufacturer Specifications
- GDU means protease activity;
- GDU/g is Gelatin Digestion Unit;
- u/g is the unit of enzyme activity: Under the specified conditions, absorbance at 275nm wavelength is a vitality unit, when the enzymatic hydrolysis of casein within 1min releases the equivalent of 1μg/ml tyrosine.
|Proteolytic activity||≥600 GDU/g|
|Color||Off-white or light yellow powder|
|Part Used||Pineapple stem|
|Particle Size||98% through 80 mesh|
|Total Plate count||≤10000cfu/g|
|Yeast & mold||≤100cfu/g|
4. Bromelain Manufacturer Process Flow Chart
5. Bromelain Benefits
The main working principle of Bromelain is to hydrolyze amide bond and ester bond in protein. Therefore, Bromelain can act on aging cutin layer of human skin. It promotes degradation, decomposition and removal of cutin layer; also it accelerates skin metabolism. It can reduce the dark skin caused by the sunlight, so that skin appears good white tender state.
Bromelain has ability to activate inflammatory response. It reduces inflammation by slowing accumulation of hormones. Proteolysis of Bromelain removes dead layer of wound; and thus it allows the surface to oxidize. So the wound is healing quickly.
6. Plamed Bromelain Characteristic
- Plamed has a pineapple planting base, which can guarantee stable supply.
- The equipment adopts the whole membrane filtration system, which efficiently solves the problem of unstable quality of different batches and microorganism.
- Plamed uses pharmaceutical grade production standard, which can ensure product safety.
- Full automatic production mode.
7. Bromelain Application and Attention
Bromelain is commonly used as an exfoliant and anti-inflammatory agent in various cosmetics, such as exfoliating sleeping mask, cleansing cream, and exfoliating gel.
- Bromelain is a kind of biological active substance. It is inhibited and destroyed by heavy metal ions (Fe3+, Cu2+, Hg+, Pb+, etc.) and oxidants. So it should avoid contact with them.
- Bromelain has a certain enzyme activity loss in preservation. In 10℃ preservation enzyme activity loss is 5-10% per 6 months; under room temperature preservation enzyme activity loss is 10-15% per 6 months. So it should be stored in a dry place and low temperature (below 10℃), away from light.
- Bromelain can increase bleeding risk, so it should not be used on damaged skin.
- The combination of Bromelain and tea polyphenol can prolong the half-life of the enzyme, and improve its thermal stability.
- Bromelain application cases in major cosmetic brands in the world:
|USA||Dermalogica||Skin Smoothing Cream|
|DS Dermasensa||AC+ Active Clearing Cleanser|
|PEVONIA||Pevonia Enzymes Powder Mask|
|Kerstin Florian||At-Home Professional Peel|
|Alterna||Clinical Daily Detoxifying Shampoo|
|Victoria‘s Secret||Ultra-Moisturizing Hand And Body Cream Secret Charm|
|EltaMD||Foaming Facial Cleanser
Laser Enzyme Gel
Moisture-Rich Body Crème
Barrier Renewal Complex
|Japan||Cecile Maia||Depilatory Cream|
|Pineapple Soymilk||Pineapple Soymilk|
|Korea||Too Cool For School||Pumpkin Sleeping Pack|
|SKIN79||micro fresh whip foam|
|ENPRANI||White cell Foam Cleanser|
|Innisfree||Capsule Recipe Pack|
|China||Dr.magic||Hamamelis Deep Cleansing Cream|
|Australia||Ultraceuticals||Ultra Clear Purifying Cream|
|Denmark||Aviendo||Natural Nourishing Body Moisturizer
Natural Comforting Face Cleanser
8. Bromelain Safety
- CTFA has recognized Bromelain as a raw material for cosmetics;
- The International Catalogue of Chinese Cosmetic Raw Materials Standards in 2010 issued by CAFFCI includes Bromelain. There are no reports indicating that Bromelain is unsafe for external use.
- Bromelain has been widely used in food, but it is highly toxic and should be used at an appropriate concentration.
9. Packing and Storage
Package: Packed in 25kg paper drums with two plastic bags inside.
Storage: Stored in a cool dry place and low temperature (below 10℃), away from direct sunlight.
Plamed focuses on natural cosmetic ingredients for more than 10 years. We have founded four subsidiary companies, which respectively develops different kinds of cosmetic raw material. Plamed is a company whose CEO is designated as the first secretary general of Shaanxi Plant Extraction Association.
Plamed Mission: To be the most professional supplier of natural cosmetics raw material.
As a professional Bromelain manufacturer, Plamed have been constantly upgrading the production process. We firmly believe that good Bromelain and good Bromelain price will help customers make good terminal products and help customers win a lasting and broad market.