1. Apigenin Overview
Where to buy Apigenin Powder with lowering Apigenin price and high quality? Where to find good information of Wholesale Apigenin and Purchase Apigenin for sales? As the professional Apigenin manufacturer, Plamed is your best choice.
Apigenin is a kind of flavonoid commonly existing in nature. It is naturally found in a variety of vegetables, fruits and plants, among which compositae has a higher content. Plamed Apigenin is isolated from dried flowers of chamomile, and is a cosmetics grade raw material with high purity. As a kind of natural flavonoid compound, Apigenin has many biological activities: it has strong absorbency to UVB; and it can protect against radiation damage. Thus Apigenin can be added into sunscreen cosmetics. Apigenin also has strong antioxidant activity; and it has strong capture ability to various oxygen-containing free radicals. Furthermore, Apigenin can prevent oxidation and degradation of grease. Apigenin still possesses anti-inflammatory activity to prevent and treat skin problems, such as blisters, keratosis and aceratosis. What’s more, Apigenin has sedation effect; it can alleviate itchy scalp, and prevent hair loss. So it can be applied in hair care products. Accordingly, Apigenin is increasingly popular in sunscreen, anti-allergic, whitening and anti-oxidation cosmetics.
|Product Name||CAS Number||INCI Name|
|Molecular Formula||Molecular Weight||Molecular Structure|
|Product ID||Specificcation||Minimal Package||Minimal Order Quantity|
2. Apigenin Source
Chamomile (Latin name: Matricaria recutita L.) is an annual herb from Matricaria genus. Its wild plants are first found in Europe, North America and northern Africa. The plant is native to Western Europe; it prefers to grow in relatively mild sandy soil. Currently, there is a large amount of artificial cultivation in Sinkiang of China, and a small amount of distribution in Hunan, Sichuan and other places. Chamomile is rich in carbohydrates and protein. According to phytochemistry, chamomile contains over 120 kinds of secondary metabolites, including 28 terpenoids and 36 flavonoids. Flavonoids account for 0.5% in chamomile; and their content varies in different parts of chamomile flowers. The main flavonoid compounds are apigenin, luteolin, quercetin and so on. As an herb, chamomile has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, sedation, wound healing, anti-pruritic and other biological activities. Chamomile extract has great value in medicine and cosmetics.
3. Apigenin Manufacturer Specifications
|Extract Solvent||Water & ethanol|
|Particle Size||98% through 80 mesh|
|Total Plate count||≤1000cfu/g|
|Yeast & mold||≤100cfu/g|
4. Apigenin Manufacturer Flow Chart
5. Apigenin Benefits
- Radiation damage protection
It is found that Apigenin can reduce degree of radiation-induced chromosome aberration in human lymphocytes. Apigenin also suppresses collagenase activation and MMP expression in human skin fibroblasts, when skin is exposed to UVA. Thus it achieves sun protection function. In addition, Apigenin still can restrain reactive oxygen radical reaction, and prevent skin photo-aging.
6. Pharmacological studies of Apigenin and cosmetics
|Elimination to free radical DPPH||50μg/mL||Elimination rate: 85.0%±0.98%|
|Inhibition to lipid peroxidation||10μg/mL||Inhibition rate: 68.5%|
|Promotion to ceramide production by cell culture||2μmol/L||Promotion rate: 129 (blank 100)|
|Promotion to melanin production by culturing melanocytes||10μmol/L||Promotion rate: 593.7 (blank 100)|
|Inhibition to tyrosinase activity||500μmol/L||Inhibition rate: 21 %|
|Inhibition to metalloproteinase MMP-1 activity||10μmol/L||Inhibition rate: 26.04%|
7. Plamed Apigenin Characteristic
- Plamed Apigenin is of high purity and lighter color. It is easy to be mixed in cosmetics.
- Plamed Apigenin has stable quality and price advantage.
- Organic compounds are low; and Plamed Apigenin conforms to European market standards.
8. Apigenin Application
Apigenin is widely used in cosmetics:
- The ultraviolet absorption of Apigenin focuses on Ultraviolet B (wavelength range of 280~320nm), and shows strong absorbency. So Apigenin can be added in sun protection cosmetics. However, it is less absorbed in Ultraviolet A (wavelength range of 320~400nm). Therefore, low concentration of Apigenin can be used in suntan oil. After exposed to sun light, skin will darken in a short time, but it will not burn skin.
- As pigment stabilizer in cosmetics; recommended dosage is 0.1%.
- Apigenin has anti-inflammation property. It can be applied in facial cream to prevent and treat blisters, keratosis, aceratosis. Combination with vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C can treat skin burns; combination with essential oil such as chamomile oil, marigold oil and almond oil is beneficial to wound healing.
- High concentration of Apigenin can inhibit activity of melanin cells. It can be used as skin whitening agent into sunscreen, cream, essence, toner, mask and other cosmetics.
- Apigenin can be used to stop scalp itch and prevent hair loss in shampoo, conditioner, etc.
Apigenin application cases in major cosmetic brands in the world:
|Spain||MartiDerm||Hair System 3GF Ampoules Antichute
Hair System 3GF Anti-Aging Anti Hair-Loss Shampoo
|UAS||ALTERNA||Caviar Clinical Daily Root & Scalp Stimulator
Caviar Clinical Weekly Intensive Boosting Treatment
|HAIRFINITY||Infinite Edges Serum|
|Peter Thomas Roth||Hair To Die For Treatment|
|Rumania||Gerovital||H3 Derma+ Anti-Hair Loss Treatment|
|Anastasia||Brow Enhancing Serum Advanced|
|Australia||Aesop||Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidation Serum|
9. Apigenin Reference Formula
|Propylene glycol||3||Isopropyl myristate||5|
|Glycerin||5||Deionized water||Add to 100|
10. Apigenin Safety
- Cosmetic, Toiletry & Fragrance Association (CTFA) has specified Apigenin as a cosmetics ingredient.
- Apigenin is listed on The International Catalogue of Chinese Cosmetic Raw Materials Standards in 2010 issued by CAFFCI. No reports show its insecurity.
11. Packing and Storage
Package: Packed in 25kg paper drums with two plastic bags inside.
Storage: Stored in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight and oxidizing agents.
Plamed focuses on natural cosmetic ingredients for more than 10 years. We have founded four subsidiary companies, which respectively develops different kinds of cosmetic raw material. Plamed is a company whose CEO is designated as the first secretary general of Shaanxi Plant Extraction Association.
Plamed Mission: To be the most professional supplier of natural cosmetics raw material.
As a professional Apigenin manufacturer, Plamed have been constantly upgrading the production process. We firmly believe that good Apigenin and good Apigenin price will help customers make good terminal products and help customers win a lasting and broad market.